American Trim has a wide variability of capabilities to transform metal to fit your needs. We form diverse materials in multiple gauges. Let us be your total solutions provider.
Tooling and Engineering
American Trim has a long history in the forming of metal and composite substrates. In fact, many of our capabilities extend beyond 50 years and many of our employees have tenure in excess of 20 years. Our tooling and engineering resources know forming and know how to deliver the quality you need at the best possible value.
Utilization of polymeric building blocks coupled with high speed machining centers provide a significantly reduced lead time of accurate metal prototypes and limited production quantity requirements. We utilize rapid prototyping for development trials, embossing, gauge fixtures, and disposable form tooling surfaces.
The Tool and Design group takes great care to allow processing of very high quality finishes. Precise fit and finish along with complete control of graphic registration is critical to our manufacturing processes.
Advanced Metal Forms
Our advanced metal products include structural components as well as decorated aesthetic items. We have capabilities for light aluminum to heavy gauge steel forming material up .300” in complex shapes.
Metal decorating creates the ultimate branding opportunity for your products. Our in-house coating development provides custom color matching in batch sizes from 1 quart to 300 gallons. We validate these coatings and processes at scale in our fully equipped analytical lab and plant environments.
- Screen printing for precise images on aluminum, steel, polycarbonate, and other films to deliver crisp high quality products — Learn More
- Conventional and UV curable base
- Industrial and graphic design, die cutting, forming, polishing, brushing, painting
- Selective finishes and textures
- Embossing for 3D effects adding quality and depth
- Laser etch provides crisp graphics and adds functionality by providing long lasting identification
Decorative and Functional Metal Coatings
American Trim offers many coating processes that provide durability, reliability, and are cost effective to improve your overall product.
- Selective temporary protective maskant — precisely applied masking or tape providing a temporary protective coating that is removable after fabrication processes; specialty blends manufactured in a range of batch sizes — Learn More
- E-coat — water based, environmentally safe with high material transfer efficiency supporting any metal substrate — Learn More
- Powder coat — no porosity and high UV protection — Learn More
- Porcelain enamel — high or low gloss finishes that withstand extreme temperature changes with long lasting chemical wear and scratch/abrasion resistance on steel or aluminum substrates — Learn More
- Roll coat — accomodates high and low volume runs while providing a class “A” surface finish — Learn More
Assemblies and Integration
Multiple joining and assembly operations provide value-add services to reduce customers’ inventory.
- Robotic welding systems for stainless steel, high strength aluminum, and other substrates
- Joining with adhesives, tapes, and specialty fasteners
Modular assembly with in-house manufactured and purchased components utilizing robotics systems:
- Laser cutting
- Glue joining
- Pick and place
- Injection molding – LEARN MORE
- Electronics integration